Wednesday 25 October 2017

Scattered Polka Dots

Hello!

I love playing with stencils - they are so versatile and can be used with lots of techniques.  Recently I have been playing with the new Scattered Polka Dots stencil from Uniko.....this fun design can be used for snowfall, confetti and general dottiness :)  As it is a 6x6 design it is large enough to cover a card base or use in smaller segments as required.

Here are some of the cards that I have come up with.....

 
First up I have created a one layer card by masking off a panel and blending some distress oxides .  I then stamped some of the wonderful new images from Uniko's Organic Wishes and inked through a scattering of the dots to create the effect of them blowing in the breeze.  This was very easy to do with a bit of careful inking and shows that you don't have to use the whole of a stencil design on your card.
 
I shall link this card up at Happy Little Stampers CAS October challenge which is one layer.

 
Given I am starting to get a move on with my Christmas card making the scattered dots did make me think of snowfall!  I masked off the bottom section and then pressed versamark through the stencil before adding white embossing powder.  Some distress inks add a graduated sky and I completed the design with some of the images from Uniko's rustic Christmas set and sentiment from the Most Wonderful sentiment set.  A few little pops of red help to add contrast to the design including one of my mini mdf stars.
 
 
 
 
This card shows how the scattered dots can literally create a party on a card :)  I inked through with some distress oxides to get a blended, multi-coloured look and combined them with some Uniko balloons from Balloon Bash and sentiments from Simply Said Birthday and from the Pure Florals, Cosmos set.  By embossing them on vellum I can still see the lovely dotty background!
 
I shall link this card up at Simon's Wednesday Challenge where Anything Goes.
 
I have a number of other ideas in mind for this stencil including texture paste, gilding flakes and glitter so hopefully I shall have more to share with you soon :)
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Sarah x
 
    

4 comments:

  1. You've shown what a versatile stencil this is, Sarah. I love that the dandelion seeds are stamped inside the drifting dots on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning trio. I've not even cracked into my oxide inks yet ... bought some 6 months ago!!! Looks like I need to play with them having seen these gorgeous cards. Fabulous scattered dotty stencils throughout, bright, vibrant, and such SMOOTH blending. Love them and great to see you play along at HLS CAS challenge too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love polka dots, so I love all these, Sarah! Every design is fantastic!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards :) thank you for playing along with us at the simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete